An application for a refund of a bond is usually made after the completion of the tenancy. Once the refund has been released from ACT Rental Bonds, the refund is deposited into the tenant’s account.
Steps to complete
- Download or print the Bond Refund Form above
- Complete and sign the form
- Hand over to your tenant so they can review, complete and sign.
- Send the completed Bond Refund form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to ACT Rental Bonds, GPO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601
- The Australian Capital Territory Civil & Administration Tribunal (ACAT) orders the full, or part of the bond be paid to either party.
- Fully completed refund of bond forms are processed within 10 business days. Incomplete application forms will delay processing times.