A bond acts as a security for the performance of the tenant’s obligations under a residential tenancy agreement. Landlords in Australian Capital Territory must lodge the bond within two weeks of receipt of the bond or commencement of the tenancy.
Steps to complete
- Download or print the Bond Lodgement Form above
- Complete and sign the form
- Hand over to your tenant so they can review and sign.
- Send the completed Bond lodgement form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to ACT Rental Bonds, GPO Box 158, Canberra ACT 2601
- Bonds may be lodged by direct deposit to the Rental Bonds account or by credit card and the Bond lodgement form emailed. The bond lodgement form can be posted with either a cheque or an Australia Post money order. Cheques should be made payable to the Office of Rental Bonds. Alternatively, you can provide credit card details on the Bond lodgement form.