If more than one tenant is listed on a Bond Lodgement form and a tenant changes during the lease, the outgoing tenant’s bond contribution must be transferred to the new tenant. The landlord must agree with the arrangement before it can go ahead. The landlord, the tenant moving in and the tenant moving out must complete a Transfer of Tenants form.
Steps to complete
- Download the Transfer of Tenants form above
- Complete all of the sections
- Make sure the landlord, incoming and outgoing tenants all sign this form
- Follow the lodgement instructions on the form
- The ACT Revenue Office does not refund any funds to outgoing tenants to the bond upon lodgement of this form. Any outgoing tenants should not sign this form unless the incoming or remaining tenants have paid them their share of the bond.