The Residential Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding contract and should be signed by the tenant and landlord prior to handing over the keys.
Steps to complete
- Download the contract
- Complete all the sections (except for signing)
- Add any Special Conditions directly within the document
- Send a copy to the tenant to review and sign
- Receive the signed lease agreement back from the tenant and sign it yourself
- Provide a complete signed copy of the Lease Agreement back to the tenant within 14 days of the agreement being entered into.
- If you meet with your tenant in person to sign the lease, request the tenant to sign the bond lodgement form and your completed condition report at the same time.