Landlords in South Australia have limited rights as to when they can enter a tenanted property. This includes any gardens, sheds or yards included in the lease agreement. In some cases written notice to enter the property must be given before the landlord can enter the property. Landlords found to be breaching these conditions may be fined.
Steps to complete
- Download the Rights of Entry fact sheet above to see what notice you need to give your tenants and when
- Read the document THOROUGHLY
- If you need to give your tenants notice of your entry download the Entry Notice form above
- Complete the form
- Pass the form onto your tenant
- If proper notice is given, landlords can enter a property between 8.00 am and 8.00 pm on any day except a Sunday or public holiday.
- In an emergency eg fire in the property no written notice is required
- More information.