The Condition Report Western Australia sets down, on a room-by-room basis, the exact contents and condition of the premises at the beginning of the tenancy.
Steps to complete
- Download the report and complete within a week of the tenant moving in.
- Sign the report.
- Give a copy of the report to the tenant. Get them to initial each page to confirm they have received it.
- The tenant must return a signed copy with their comments and any supporting evidence to you within seven days of receiving it.
- If you do not agree with the tenant comments we recommend meeting at the property to agree on the condition before providing the tenant with a final copy of the report.
- For tips on how to fill out the report check out our blog post here. We also discuss adding a video recording to your condition report for extra protection.More information from the Department of Commerce WA.